Monday, June 22, 2009

Erin was out of town....

Erin was out of town for a few days last week, so I stayed up late working on Dav Projects. First up was splicing some prussik cord for climbing. Believe it or not, this little cord is rated for about 8000 lbs! And is heat resistant. Only the core fibers carry the load, so the outer braid is just whipped and stitched at the base of the eye. Two eyes make a prussik.



Here is the almost finished product. The core fibers are so fine and tend to snag that I whipped them so they would go on and off the caribiner easier. Below is the final setup, including a hitchclimber pulley.


Then the next night I decided to muffler mod my MS260 chainsaw for more power. See the bolt holes in the edges for attaching? That's about the size of the exhaust hole in the center before I started. Opening it ups helps a lot. Including swapping carbs for one with an adjustable H jet, it took about 2 hours. At the GTG on Saturday this thing ripped, people couldn't believe it was out-cutting bigger saws.

Erin's home now to save me from myself and make sure I go to bed at reasonable hours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment