Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day in the Trees

I'm sensing a tree theme with this blog. Maybe I have a problem? Well if I do, it's starting to spread through the family.


Erin had requested a taller tree without any annoying low branches. This is zoomed in and she's about 45' or so, trying out my new grigri ascender/descender. Happy Mother's Day!


This is Marlee getting ready to go up the tree. I really like this shot. And the tree for that matter, it's a good healthy oak right out the front door.


Marlee watching the others climb. This Wednesday I think she gets her braces. She's trying to decide on the color.



I think the video needs little explaining. Swinging on a 50' rope is fun though.


Some friends came over to enjoy the fun. Here I'm helping Cailin's friend Meredith come back down.


Finally, here is that dive instructor guy.... Also the guy who owns the fire truck as an aside. You can see he is a poster child for how to relax. Actually, the first time you do it, the first few feet take a lot of getting used to. He eventually found the groove and cruised up the tree. But it was fun to be on the other side of the instructor/student divide.

No comments:

Post a Comment