Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tree Videos...


Here comes the first tree. J had already climbed it to attach the pull rope and take some weight out of the top. The wind was blowing fairly hard against it and it sat down on the back cut. Finally got some wedges in and then all the sudden the wind let up and down it came. Kaboom.


Dropping the second pine. I love my new saw. Of course now J is thinking about getting the next size up, a MS660. Of course I think he should just go for broke and get the MS880....


The video of me taking the top out is cooler, but will take forever to upload. Here's a shorter clip of part of one spar coming down. The tree split part way up, and we pieced down the half on the house side before falling the rest. Good times.

Ok, I'll stop bothering everyone with obsessive hobby photos for awhile....

No comments:

Post a Comment