Sunday, November 24, 2013

Germany Day 1 - Nuremberg

First full day in Germany; we traveled to Nuremberg for the day.  In one of two main churches, we stuck our heads in and stumbled upon Christmas Concert practice.


And a couple of Christmas card photo ops:



 At the imperial castle, I found my hobbit door.  The master plan now includes a similar door and an underground wine cellar out in the yard, with a secret underground tunnel into the house....and of course a backhoe.


We are here visiting our good friends who recently moved over here.  John, Crystal, and their two boys are awesome hosts.  After visiting a cool museum on the city of Nuremberg, we hit a traditional German restaurant.  I think I'll have my share of beer on this trip, and John seems happy to oblige.


No comments:

Post a Comment