Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Lost iPhone

So, it appears my iPhone is really lost. I'll give it another day or so just in case, but.....

I did look into a new phone. I'm a bit past 1/2 way into my 2 year commitment to AT&T. It is about $200 cheaper to buy out my contract with them, and get a new Droid with Verizon than it is to just a buy a new, full price iPhone 3g from AT&T. Yup, not even a 3gs. I could start my 2 years with AT&T over again and then they're only $100 more expensive than canceling and getting a Droid.

At this point I'd like to derail my own discussion to point out I really hate having AT&T. And have almost from day 1. Their coverage just sucks. At least around here. Next to a cell phone tower with all bars, you'll have dropped calls. And Apple has started to get on my nerves too. The iPhone has started hanging a lot lately. Maybe it can feel the negative energy. Maybe it ran away.

Back to the original train of thought, while I still hope my phone shows up, the thought of switching over is definitely a plus. And to top it off, Verizon offers me a 15% discount through my employer, making the monthly bill cheaper too. In fact, whipping out my handy desktop calculator, it looks like that 15% would pay for the cancellation fee in less than a year.

I wonder if this all makes so much sense because I haven't slept properly in 2 days and the sleeping pills are starting to kick in? Time will tell?

zzzzzzz...

1 comment:

  1. Get the Droid Incredible rather than the regular Droid. Best phone out.

    ReplyDelete